The EPA has reported that indoor air pollution levels can exceed outdoor levels, even in a dense city environment where pollution is higher. Indoor pollution sources release particles into the air that can trigger respiratory health problems, particularly in the young, elderly, and those with respiratory issues. To ensure you and your family are breathing healthy, clean air, our team at Comfort Systems Heating and Air is at your service.
Sources of Poor Air Quality in the Home
- Poor ventilation. If your HVAC system is not exchanging enough fresh air for standing air in the system, you can get a build-up of dust, allergens, spores, and off-gases from fabrics and other materials.
- Ductwork issues, such as dirt and dust blowing into the living spaces and leaks in the system that suck small insulation particles into the rooms.
- HVAC air filters that are clogged or insufficient for the amount of filtration required to clean the air in each room.
What Are the Best Types of Whole-Home Air Filtration Systems?
The purpose of a whole-home air filtration is to trap dust, pollen, and other impurities at a faster rate than they can accumulate so that your indoor air is fresh and clean.
The best and most efficient types are professionally installed into your HVAC system in the return-air ductwork. These include:
- Flat Filters: These filters trap particles down to a certain size as air passes through and must be changed out regularly.
- Extended Media Filters: These are a thick network of filters that trap more particles.
- Electronic Filters: Electronic filters, sometimes called electrostatic precipitators, charge particles so they can be grabbed by an opposing charged plate. Nothing needs to be replaced but the charged plates must be cleaned every few months.
- Ultraviolet Filters: This is usually an additional filter to any of the above and primarily kills germs and viruses in the air.
We care about the health of your home environment. Give us a chance to show you how we can help.
Call us today at (916) 414-9848 for a free estimate for a whole-home air filtration system.